Hostwriting is our signature offering. The Hostwriting Process offers you real-time, interactive writing coaching and support. It is available exclusively to participants in our online course.
Learning the basic steps of the Hostwriting process will help you to get a sense of what exactly hostwriting is. You can also take these instructions and try them yourself, on your own or, even better, with someone else.
Here's how I start the Hostwriting process:
- I generate a number of topic areas and questions about those topics. I also order those areas and questions into a logical order.
- You answer these questions, making sure to rephrase the question so that it is included in your answer. For example, if answering the question "What is Hostwriting?," you begin your answer with the prompt "Hostwriting is…" or another re-phrasing structure.
- We then remove the questions. Because you wrote transitions, this can serve as the draft of your written material.
Of course, this is just a starting point. My job is to help you dive deep into the material we generate together, beyond your initial answers and into the unknown and unexpected. I'll help you by employing a whole host of teaching and thinking tools:
- Active Listening
- Assumption Identification
- Conceptual Reasoning and Analysis
- Copying From Memory
- Creativity Exercises
- Dynamic Interviewing
- Rapid Brainstorming
- Sentence Combining
- Spontaneous Intuition
- Text Reconstruction
- Thought Experiments
As you can see, Hostwriting is an excellent complement to other methods of research and content creation. We'll prioritize which directions we go based on my intuition as well as your needs, interests, and hard constraints (read: deadlines).